Climate Gamble: Is Anti-Nuclear Activism Endangering our Future?
- Mutually Assured Economic Destruction: the strongest weapon in the arsenal of the masses
- Flesh may be weak. Savotta is strong.
- I’m no longer advocating for clean energy; here’s why.
- Confidence in 100% RE plans is poorly justified and may be dangerous
- Critique of econometric models in Thinking in Systems: a Primer
- Never use the word “consumer”. Here’s why.
- A “strong” AI might be impossible – otherwise we’d seen one by now
- What the Finnish municipal elections tell, and don’t tell, about nuclear power?
- Pro-nuclear environmentalists gain in Finnish elections
- Why I support almost all measures to reduce CO2 emissions – in one graph
- Flesh may be weak. Savotta is strong.
- "Graph" of the Week: What happens if nuclear waste repository leaks?
- Graphic of the Week: Estimates of world energy consumption to 2100, and renewables generation to 2050
- I'm no longer advocating for clean energy; here's why.
- What does research say about the safety of nuclear power?
- Is it OK to record conference presentations? Reconsidering "fair use" and electronic note-taking
- Innovations and evolution of technology, note I: Schumpeter and Usher on innovations
- Graphic of the week: Comparing land use of wind and nuclear energy
- Graphic of the week: The great "80% of world's energy could be generated from renewables" fallacy
- Space system “Shuttle,” part of USA’s nuclear attack arsenal?
- Ecomodernism (38)
- Economy and the Environment (11)
- Energy (18)
- History of technology (11)
- Infographics (14)
- Innovation (8)
- My publications (4)
- Notes in process (8)
- Nuclear energy & weapons (28)
- Politics (1)
- Scarcities and constraints (5)
- SETI, Aliens & Space (4)
- Simulations (7)
- Travel (1)
- Uncategorized (17)
- What they aren't telling you about nuclear power (6)
- Wisdom of the Elders (4)
- @mkorhonen12345 "Yksityinen on aina paras"-mantra on ollut isossa osassa sen romuttamisessa. Myös muualla maailmassa. 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Tälläinen on ollut Suomessakin ja sillä on historiallisesti paras track record hyvinvoinnin ja vaurauden lisäämisessä. 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Kannustimista on kokonainen tutkimusala ja ns agent-principal-ongelma. Eivät toimi "ihan" niin hyvin kuin teoriassa 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Olettaen esim. että uusia "tehottomia" yrityksiä ei tule ja että vain "tehokkuus" ratkaisee markkin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Mutta jos halutaan verrata yksityistä vs julkista, ei pidä verrata omenoita appelsiinin. Isot organ… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
TagsAcademic Ethics ADDER Algorithms Belgium Big Data change climate change climate policy CO2 emissions complex systems Conferences Constraints Decarbonization Denmark Design Design Theory Deterrence Donald Schön ECMS 2012 Ecomodernism Economics Economy and the Environment emergence Energy Energy storage Energy transitions Environment Environmental policy Essays evolution of technology experiments Finland France Fukushima funny Germany Graphic of the week Green party Greenpeace Herbert Simon History of technology ideas incremental innovation Infographics Innovation Innovations inventions Kasmire J Modeling notes Nuclear Nuclear waste organization science OSWC2012 Politics Presentations Radical innovation Renewables Research Research Ideas rhetoric Ruttan Schumpeter Sciences of the Artificial Self-organizing criticality SETI Simulations SRREN Statistics Sweden Technology evolution Theory of Invention Usher Wind Working Papers
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In a break from my tradition of complaining about things, a positive post and a recommendation – and about a corporation, no less! Savotta of Finland is one of my favorite companies these days. They make my life better, easier … Continue reading
My Finnish readers will already know that I announced some time ago that I’m done with energy/climate change discussions. I’ve been following the debate actively since about 2007 and have been writing about it since late 2010. I’ve written two … Continue reading
Thanks to an article in Forbes, a growing number of energy enthusiasts now knows that there have been pro-nuclear Green candidates in the recent (9th April) Finnish municipal elections. However, some background may be helpful. First, as some commentators have … Continue reading
Exciting news! We have just finished up work on our updated, improved and expanded 2017 edition of Climate Gamble! One might even call it the definitive edition! It includes: The foreword by the late Sir David MacKay (previously available only on … Continue reading
Dear friends in the United States and elsewhere, With regret I need to inform you that I will not be able in good conscience to attend any academic or other events in the United States. Obviously, I also can’t consider … Continue reading