Climate Gamble: Is Anti-Nuclear Activism Endangering our Future?
- Mutually Assured Economic Destruction: the strongest weapon in the arsenal of the masses
- Flesh may be weak. Savotta is strong.
- I’m no longer advocating for clean energy; here’s why.
- Confidence in 100% RE plans is poorly justified and may be dangerous
- Critique of econometric models in Thinking in Systems: a Primer
- Never use the word “consumer”. Here’s why.
- A “strong” AI might be impossible – otherwise we’d seen one by now
- What the Finnish municipal elections tell, and don’t tell, about nuclear power?
- Pro-nuclear environmentalists gain in Finnish elections
- Why I support almost all measures to reduce CO2 emissions – in one graph
- Flesh may be weak. Savotta is strong.
- "Graph" of the Week: What happens if nuclear waste repository leaks?
- Graphic of the Week: Estimates of world energy consumption to 2100, and renewables generation to 2050
- I'm no longer advocating for clean energy; here's why.
- What does research say about the safety of nuclear power?
- Is it OK to record conference presentations? Reconsidering "fair use" and electronic note-taking
- Innovations and evolution of technology, note I: Schumpeter and Usher on innovations
- Graphic of the week: Comparing land use of wind and nuclear energy
- Graphic of the week: The great "80% of world's energy could be generated from renewables" fallacy
- Space system “Shuttle,” part of USA’s nuclear attack arsenal?
- Ecomodernism (38)
- Economy and the Environment (11)
- Energy (18)
- History of technology (11)
- Infographics (14)
- Innovation (8)
- My publications (4)
- Notes in process (8)
- Nuclear energy & weapons (28)
- Politics (1)
- Scarcities and constraints (5)
- SETI, Aliens & Space (4)
- Simulations (7)
- Travel (1)
- Uncategorized (17)
- What they aren't telling you about nuclear power (6)
- Wisdom of the Elders (4)
- @mkorhonen12345 "Yksityinen on aina paras"-mantra on ollut isossa osassa sen romuttamisessa. Myös muualla maailmassa. 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Tälläinen on ollut Suomessakin ja sillä on historiallisesti paras track record hyvinvoinnin ja vaurauden lisäämisessä. 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Kannustimista on kokonainen tutkimusala ja ns agent-principal-ongelma. Eivät toimi "ihan" niin hyvin kuin teoriassa 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Olettaen esim. että uusia "tehottomia" yrityksiä ei tule ja että vain "tehokkuus" ratkaisee markkin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- @mkorhonen12345 Mutta jos halutaan verrata yksityistä vs julkista, ei pidä verrata omenoita appelsiinin. Isot organ… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
TagsAcademic Ethics ADDER Algorithms Belgium Big Data change climate change climate policy CO2 emissions complex systems Conferences Constraints Decarbonization Denmark Design Design Theory Deterrence Donald Schön ECMS 2012 Ecomodernism Economics Economy and the Environment emergence Energy Energy storage Energy transitions Environment Environmental policy Essays evolution of technology experiments Finland France Fukushima funny Germany Graphic of the week Green party Greenpeace Herbert Simon History of technology ideas incremental innovation Infographics Innovation Innovations inventions Kasmire J Modeling notes Nuclear Nuclear waste organization science OSWC2012 Politics Presentations Radical innovation Renewables Research Research Ideas rhetoric Ruttan Schumpeter Sciences of the Artificial Self-organizing criticality SETI Simulations SRREN Statistics Sweden Technology evolution Theory of Invention Usher Wind Working Papers
Tag Archives: Green party
Over 100 Finnish election candidates – Greens included – call for small reactors for district heating
More than hundred candidates in the upcoming municipal elections in Finland have signed a statement calling for Finnish cities to explore the possibilities of using small nuclear reactors to provide district heating. Interestingly, among the signatories are significant numbers of … Continue reading
This is my translation of a statement made by four Finnish Green party (Green League) candidates today, calling for the use of both nuclear power and renewables to combat climate change. It illustrates quite nicely how more and more thoughtful … Continue reading