Climate Gamble: Is Anti-Nuclear Activism Endangering our Future?
- I’m no longer advocating for clean energy; here’s why.
- Confidence in 100% RE plans is poorly justified and may be dangerous
- Critique of econometric models in Thinking in Systems: a Primer
- Never use the word “consumer”. Here’s why.
- A “strong” AI might be impossible – otherwise we’d seen one by now
- What the Finnish municipal elections tell, and don’t tell, about nuclear power?
- Pro-nuclear environmentalists gain in Finnish elections
- Why I support almost all measures to reduce CO2 emissions – in one graph
- 2017 edition of Climate Gamble!
- Over 100 Finnish election candidates – Greens included – call for small reactors for district heating
- "Graph" of the Week: What happens if nuclear waste repository leaks?
- I'm no longer advocating for clean energy; here's why.
- Is it OK to record conference presentations? Reconsidering "fair use" and electronic note-taking
- Minority report - for now? Finnish Green candidates call for nuclear power
- A "strong" AI might be impossible - otherwise we'd seen one by now
- Theories of design - is design problem-solving?
- Graphic of the Week: Estimates of world energy consumption to 2100, and renewables generation to 2050
- Stall warning for renewable energy?
- Is there such a thing as radical innovation?
- Energy transitions: is everything different this time?
- Ecomodernism (38)
- Economy and the Environment (11)
- Energy (18)
- History of technology (11)
- Infographics (14)
- Innovation (8)
- My publications (4)
- Notes in process (8)
- Nuclear energy & weapons (28)
- Scarcities and constraints (5)
- SETI, Aliens & Space (4)
- Simulations (7)
- Uncategorized (15)
- What they aren't telling you about nuclear power (6)
- Wisdom of the Elders (4)
- RT @SenJohnMcCain: There's no moral equivalency between racists & Americans standing up to defy hate& bigotry. The President of the United… 5 hours ago
- RT @Dimmu141: USAssa tää “kaksi ääripää” ja “molemmat yhtä syylisiä” ei vaa toimi. 5 hours ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: Horrifying scene from CASABLANCA, where alt-left agitator Rick Blaine shoots Heinrich Strasser, a Nazi with a permit. htt… 5 hours ago
- RT @OutiPopp: @lannenmedia @yleuutiset @sttuutisp .@IUPoliisi on vedonnut mm ruuhkiin siirtäessään pakkopalautuksia vastustavia mielenosoit… 5 hours ago
- RT @SyksyRasanen: Tämä video ei ole Charlottesvillestä, vaan Helsingistä. twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/… 5 hours ago
TagsAcademic Ethics ADDER Algorithms Belgium Big Data change climate change climate policy CO2 emissions complex systems Conferences Constraints Decarbonization Denmark Design Design Theory Deterrence Donald Schön ECMS 2012 Ecomodernism Economics Economy and the Environment emergence Energy Energy storage Energy transitions Environment Environmental policy Essays evolution of technology experiments Finland France Fukushima funny Germany Graphic of the week Green party Greenpeace Herbert Simon History of technology ideas incremental innovation Infographics Innovation Innovations inventions Kasmire J Modeling notes Nuclear Nuclear waste organization science OSWC2012 Politics Presentations Radical innovation Renewables Research Research Ideas rhetoric Ruttan Schumpeter Sciences of the Artificial Self-organizing criticality SETI Simulations SRREN Statistics Sweden Technology evolution Theory of Invention Usher Wind Working Papers
Tag Archives: Rebuttals
In the following post, Nicholas Thompson performs a very good examination of the much-publicized study that sought to “prove” commitment to nuclear power slows down CO2 emission reductions. Well, turns out the paper suffers from a basic math error – … Continue reading